A very warm welcome to Telford Infant School!
We also hold open days specifically for families considering sending their children to our school. Prospective families have an opportunity to meet key member of staff to learn more about our school. and families are offered guided tours around school.
Open events allow you to see first hand all of the busy learning, play and fun that takes place everyday. You will meet our caring staff and see our super learners in action so that you can make an informed choice about your child's future education.
Open Events - Reception 2022
Please see the dates below for open mornings for families of children starting in September 2022:
Tues 21st Sept 2021 - FULL
Mon 11th Oct 2021 - FULL
Wed 17th Nov 2021 - FULL
Mon. 22nd Nov. 2021 - 4.00pm
Mon 10th Jan 2022
As these events are extremely popular and as we have 90 Reception places available each, we kindly ask that spaces are booked in advance as we usually have well over 100 visitors to accommodate.
Please contact the school office on Tel. 01926 425544 for timings or for further information and to book a tour of the school on one of these mornings.
In the meantime, we hope that our website and the virtual tour (see the video below) will provide you with a flavour of our school.
We look forward to welcoming you to Telford Infant School before too long and we thank you for your patience.
Telford Infant School is an inclusive school, welcoming children from all backgrounds and abilities. We are 3 form entry taking 90 children in each year group with a maximum of 30 children in each class.
In Warwickshire children start Infant or Primary School the September after their fourth birthday and admissions are managed by Warwickshire Council.
|Stage of process||Date|
|Reception application period starts||6 September 2021|
|Closing date for applications||15 January 2022|
Extended closing date for families moving into, or within, Warwickshire *
|31 January 2022|
|National Offer Day||19 April 2022|
|Deadline for accepting the offer||3 May 2022|
|Deadline for submitting appeals||23 May 2022|
Applications to our school are made through Warwickshire County Council Admissions.
If you are moving into the area, wishing to change schools or applying for a new school year, please go to Warwickshire Admissions website:
Criteria for Admission:
If a Warwickshire Community or Voluntary Controlled infant school is over-subscribed, then the following over-subscription criteria will be used when allocating places.
Additional information about criterion can be found below.
- Criterion 1a: Looked after children and all previously looked after children.
- Criterion 1b: Children who have been adopted through a CVAA UK agency.
- Criterion 2: Children who receive the Early Years Pupil Premium for their early years provider.
- Criterion 3: Children who are currently, or have been at any point since 1st September 2015, subject to a Child in Need Plan or a Child Protection Plan.
- Criterion 4a: Children living in the priority area for the school, who will have a sibling attending the same school in the Year 1 or 2 at the time of admission in September 2022.
- Criterion 4b: Children living in the priority area for the school, who will have a sibling attending the partner junior school in Years 3 - 6 at the time of admission in September 2022*
- Criterion 5: Other children living in the priority area for the school.
- Criterion 6a: Children living outside the priority area for the school, who will have a sibling attending the same school in Year 1 or 2 at the time of admission in September 2022.
- Criterion 6b: Children living outside the priority area for the school, who will have a sibling attending the partner junior school in Years 3 - 6 at the time of admission in September 2022*
- Criterion 7: Other children living outside the priority area for the school.
* If you are also applying for a Year 3 place at the partner junior school for another child, for entry in September 2022, please be aware that they will not be considered as a sibling link for the infant school applicant until after that child has been offered a place at the junior school and you have confirmed your acceptance of the Year 3 place.
Within each criterion priority is given in order of straight line distance between the home address and school. The shortest distance has the highest priority. Our school’s priority area is defined on the Warwickshire Admissions website. Please follow the link below: