A very warm welcome to Telford Infant School!
Virtual tour of our school
Welcome video from our Headteacher, Mrs Sian Oustayiannis
Frequently asked questions section
We normally hold open events specifically for families considering sending their children to our school which allows you to see first hand all of the busy learning and fun that takes place every day. Sadly, at this time we are unable to offer this to parents of children due to start in Reception in September 2021. We normally have over 100 visitors attend these events and under the terms of our school’s COVID-19 Risk Assessment we cannot accommodate this number of visitors in our school at present. We are very sorry for any disappointment this may cause.
We hope that our website and the virtual tour (coming very soon) will provide you with a flavour of our school. In the meantime please watch the Welcome Videos below which have been created for our current new reception parents that will also help you get a flavour of the reception year at Telford Infants.
Should you have any questions please contact the school office by email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a specific question regarding your child we shall ensure that the most appropriate member of staff gets in contact with you to answer your query. If you have a more general question we shall send you a response and add it to our Frequently Asked Questions section on this web page.
Telford Infant School is an inclusive school, welcoming children from all backgrounds and abilities. We are 3 form entry taking 90 children in each year group with a maximum of 30 children in each class.
In Warwickshire children start Infant or Primary School the September after their fourth birthday and admissions are managed by Warwickshire Council.
Timescales for Reception Admissions for September 2021 start are as follows
The timescales for Reception 2021 applications for a Reception place are as follows:
7th September 2020 - Application period starts
15th January 2021 – Closing date for applications
1st February 2021 - Extended closing date for families moving into, or within, Warwickshire - your child must be living in the new property by this date and sufficient documentary evidence received by the Admissions Service
16th April 2021 – National offer day – parents and carers are informed by Admissions of Service of their child’s allocated school.
30th April 2021 - Deadline for parents and carers to accept offer with Admissions.
Applications to our school are made through Warwickshire County Council Admissions:
Criteria for Admission:
The following criteria are used by the Local Authority when the school has received more applications than places available after children with Statements of Special Educational Needs/Education Health and Care Plans have been admitted first:
1. Children in the care of, or provided with accommodation by, a local authority and were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order).
2. Children living in the priority area who have a brother or sister at the school at the time of admission.
3. Children living in the priority area who have a brother or sister at the partner junior school at the time of admission.
4. Other children living in the priority area.
5. Children living outside the priority area who have a brother or sister at the school at the time of admission.
6. Children living outside the priority area who have a brother or sister at the partner junior school at the time of admission.
7. Other children living outside the priority area.
Within each criterion priority is given in order of straight line distance between the home address and school. The shortest distance has the highest priority. Our school’s priority area is defined on the Warwickshire Admissions website. Please follow the link below: