A very warm welcome to Telford Infant School!
We also hold open days specifically for families considering sending their children to our school. Prospective families have an opportunity to meet key member of staff to learn more about our school. and families are offered guided tours around school.
Open events allow you to see first hand all of the busy learning, play and fun that takes place everyday. You will meet our caring staff and see our super learners in action so that you can make an informed choice about your child's future education.
Open Events - Reception 2021
Thank you very much for the interest you have shown in Telford Infant School. We are very proud of our school and pre COVID-19 enjoyed offering Open events and show rounds to prospective families. However, due to current restrictions and under our current Risk Assessment, we are sadly unable to resume face to face tours this academic year.
Open Events - Reception 2022
Please see the dates below for open mornings for families of children starting in September 2022:
Tues 21st Sept 2021
Mon 11th Oct 2021
Wed 17th Nov 2021
Mon 10th Jan 2022
As these events are extremely popular and as we have 90 Reception places available each, we kindly ask that spaces are booked in advance as we usually have well over 100 visitors to accommodate.
Please contact the school office on Tel. 01926 425544 for timings or for further information and to book a tour of the school on one of these mornings.
All of the above dates subject to the government lifting COVID-19 restrictions.
In the meantime, we hope that our website and the virtual tour (see the video below) will provide you with a flavour of our school.
We look forward to welcoming you to Telford Infant School before too long and we thank you for your patience.
Please see dates below important dates for your child starting school:
School visits – Monday 6th/Tuesday 7th/Wednesday 8th September – you will be invited for a 15 minute appointment on one of the days to visit the classroom with your child and have a meeting with your child’s class teacher. This is in place of home visits.
Thursday 9th and Friday 10th September
Part time attendance – either 2 hours in the morning or 2 hours in the afternoon.
Monday 13th September and Tuesday 14th September
Part time attendance – either morning or afternoon staying for lunch on one of these days.
Wednesday 15th September
All Reception children in full time from 8.55am – 3.20pm
Telford Infant School is an inclusive school, welcoming children from all backgrounds and abilities. We are 3 form entry taking 90 children in each year group with a maximum of 30 children in each class.
In Warwickshire children start Infant or Primary School the September after their fourth birthday and admissions are managed by Warwickshire Council.
Timescales for Reception Admissions for September 2022 - Tbc
Applications to our school are made through Warwickshire County Council Admissions.
If you are moving into the area, wishing to change schools or applying for a new school year, please go to Warwickshire Admissions website:
Criteria for Admission:
If a Warwickshire Community or Voluntary Controlled infant school is over-subscribed, then the following over-subscription criteria will be used when allocating places.
Additional information about criterion can be found below.
- Criterion 1a: Looked after children and all previously looked after children.
- Criterion 1b: Children who have been adopted through a CVAA UK agency.
- Criterion 2: Children who receive the Early Years Pupil Premium for their early years provider.
- Criterion 3: Children who are currently, or have been at any point since 1st September 2015, subject to a Child in Need Plan or a Child Protection Plan.
- Criterion 4a: Children living in the priority area for the school, who will have a sibling attending the same school in the Year 1 or 2 at the time of admission in September 2022.
- Criterion 4b: Children living in the priority area for the school, who will have a sibling attending the partner junior school in Years 3 - 6 at the time of admission in September 2022*
- Criterion 5: Other children living in the priority area for the school.
- Criterion 6a: Children living outside the priority area for the school, who will have a sibling attending the same school in Year 1 or 2 at the time of admission in September 2022.
- Criterion 6b: Children living outside the priority area for the school, who will have a sibling attending the partner junior school in Years 3 - 6 at the time of admission in September 2022*
- Criterion 7: Other children living outside the priority area for the school.
* If you are also applying for a Year 3 place at the partner junior school for another child, for entry in September 2022, please be aware that they will not be considered as a sibling link for the infant school applicant until after that child has been offered a place at the junior school and you have confirmed your acceptance of the Year 3 place.
Within each criterion priority is given in order of straight line distance between the home address and school. The shortest distance has the highest priority. Our school’s priority area is defined on the Warwickshire Admissions website. Please follow the link below: