We also hold open days specifically for families considering sending their children to our school. Prospective families have an opportunity to meet key members of staff to learn more about our school. Families are offered guided tours around school. Open events allow you to see first hand all of the busy learning, play and fun that takes place everyday. You will meet our caring staff and see our super learners in action so that you can make an informed choice about your child’s future education.
We will shortly be in touch with all parents of children starting with us in September with lots of important information. However, to help families to plan forward some key dates (subject to the government’s lifting of COVID-19 restrictions) are being shared in today's Newsletter (29th April) and on our website.
*Further more detailed information will follow.
*All dates are subject to the lifting of government restrictions on June 21st.
Stay and session – Afternoon of Monday 28th June
Parents/carers will be invited into school (max 1 adult for each child) for a play session in their child’s new classroom with their new teacher and Teaching Assistant.
Warwickshire Induction Day – Wednesday 7th July
Parents/carers will be invited to drop their child at school so they can explore and play in their classroom with their teacher and Teaching Assistant (parents/carers do not stay for this session).
School visits – Monday 6th/Tuesday 7th/Wednesday 8th September – you will be invited for a 15 minute appointment on one of the days to visit the classroom with your child and have a meeting with your child’s class teacher. This is in place of home visits.
Thursday 9th and Friday 10th September
Part time attendance – either 2 hours in the morning or 2 hours in the afternoon.
Monday 13th September and Tuesday 14th September
Part time attendance – either morning or afternoon staying for lunch on one of these days.
Wednesday 15th September
All Reception children in full time from 8.55am – 3.20pm
Telford Infant School is an inclusive school, welcoming children from all backgrounds and abilities. We are 3 form entry taking 90 children in each year group with a maximum of 30 children in each class.
In Warwickshire children normally start Infant or Primary School the September after their fourth birthday and admissions are managed by Warwickshire Council.
If you are moving into the area, wishing to change schools or applying for a new school year please see the Warwickshire Admissions website:
1. Children in the care of, or provided with accommodation by, a local authority and were looked after, but ceased to be so because they were adopted (or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order).
2. Children living in the priority area who have a brother or sister at the school at the time of admission.
3. Children living in the priority area who have a brother or sister at the partner junior school at the time of admission.
4. Other children living in the priority area.
5. Children living outside the priority area who have a brother or sister at the school at the time of admission.
6. Children living outside the priority area who have a brother or sister at the partner junior school at the time of admission.
7. Other children living outside the priority area.
Our school’s priority area is defined on the Warwickshire Admissions website. Please follow the link below: